At Yewdale Primary School there exists a culture of empathy, care, motivation and engagement that inspires a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning. It is a place where people’s opinions and achievements are recognised and celebrated.
We value individuality and we appreciate that everyone is unique, having diverse strengths and needs at different times.
Our commitment to develop the whole child in terms of social, moral, spiritual and cultural learning is intrinsic throughout the entire Academy community.
Our ambition for the children attending Yewdale is very clear and simple; that they can be the best that they can be and be proud of everything they achieve. Respect, responsibility and resilience are at the heart of our ethos.
Our aims are to ensure:
- Yewdale Primary School is the best primary school it can be, operating with the highest standards of teaching and learning
- that the school nurture the individual talents, skills and abilities of each child
- all Yewdale children feel safe, happy, valued and are keen to learn
- that pupils come first. Our pupils are at the heart of all school improvement, each action enhances school provision to benefit every child
- that staff foster and develop independence within all children, so that when they leave Yewdale they are confident in their ability to problem solve and tackle what further learning may ask of them
- that Yewdale provides an inclusive and creative curriculum that is fit for purpose and develops every child within our school community; engaging their imagination and inquisitive nature whilst extending their knowledge of life beyond the school gates
- that Yewdale provides a family feeling of warmth, care, guidance and support to all pupils and their families
- that our pupils have pride in themselves, pride in each other and pride in our school
As part of Cumbria Education Trust, we share the aims, values and common principles of Cumbria Education Trust.
- A commitment to the achievement, personal development and well-being of all the pupils within our academies
- A commitment to our Golden Rules.
- A commitment to supporting parent and carer engagement and developing the educational experience of their children
- A commitment to the professional development and welfare of all staff
- A commitment to understanding the community context within which the academy operates to promote cohesion and economic regeneration
- An aspiration to ‘be the best you can be’ and operate using the 3Rs: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience
- The development of outstanding teaching which engages pupils and fosters independence
- The empowerment and involvement of pupils the development and delivery of their own education
- A curriculum which meets the needs of all learners.
- A commitment to community involvement and to lifelong community learning
Promoting British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs