Childcare Provision for the Children of Key Workers
As of Monday, our school will be closed to support the Local Authority plan of having local area Hubs to provide childcare for the children of key workers.
This will ensure that many schools are deep-cleaned and that local areas reduce the number of staff attending, in-line with government guidance.
The childcare for children of key workers from our school will be based at Robert Ferguson during the hours of 8.45am – 3.15pm
- We will aim to ensure that a member of staff from our school is in attendance every day. Obviously we cannot guarantee this due to the changing nature of this crisis and the potential for staff illness etc.
- By requesting a place in the Hub, we are assuming that you are accepting the need for us to share relevant information; such as contact details, Education Health Care Plans etc. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this.
- All volunteer staff, no matter which school they are from, will have photo ID and DBS details with them each day. This will be checked by the Hub.
- Children will remain with pupils they know from their own school wherever possible.
- Social and physical distancing measures will be in place at all times.
- There will continually be regular contact between headteachers to ensure the highest level of care and behaviour.
- Lunches will be provided at no cost
We will be contacting parents who have told us that they are key workers over the next 24 hours to ensure we know when childcare is required and will co-ordinate this information directly with the Hub school.
We know that these are difficult times for everyone and want to assure you that we will continue to support you and your children as much as we possibly can during the coming days and weeks.
Head of School