PE and school sport play an essential role in school life at Yewdale Primary School. We are constantly seeking to improve and enhance the provision of sport and wider curriculum opportunities. We believe that PE and school sport contribute to the holistic development of children and, through active participation, our children are enabled to build on and develop our key values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the sport premium funding to support the development of PE and extra-curricular sporting opportunities in the following ways:
- Provide specialist coaching during curriculum time for all classes
- Use specialist coaching to provide ongoing, continuous CPD for all teachers, enhancing the delivery or PE throughout school
- Enable increased participation in and out of school clubs
- Develop resources for encouraging physical activities during playtime
- Entry to inter-school tournaments and competitive events
Our overall aim is to raise standards in PE and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved provision and outcomes for all. We aim to improve the overall health and well-being of our children and address issues such as childhood obesity in a positive and proactive way